7.13.2010

God's Agents - 1.17.09 1245

God seems to work primarily in our lives through people. When he warned the nation of Israel he spoke through prophets rather than a booming voice from above. A lot of his communication to King David was through the leading prophets of the time. Why does he do it like that?

I think it's so that we still have a choice to follow or not. Hard to deny booming voices from the sky and he doesn't want to control our lives by force, so he speaks to us through avenues that we can deny if we want. Like Elisha (or Elijah?) in the mountain cleft. The "still small whisper" rather than the earthquakes and fires. Easy to say "just the wind."

And if God is trying to talk to me through others as well as through my soul, is he trying to use me to speak to others? Is he trying to use me as a prophet to bring comfort or guidance? More importantly, can he use me? I think it's in Ezekiel where God says he searched far and wide for someone to use and found no one. I'm afraid of times when maybe he was looking and I wasn't open enough to be used. So I need to listen to those around me who might be being used, but also remain open to being used myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment