7.13.2010

Spirit and Body Undivided - 1.30.09 ????

I was reading One Month to Live "Day 4" and it was talking about how we are spiritual beings. So, in order to be healthy, start with focusing on spiritual health before anything else. I've heard C.S. Lewis talk along the same lines, that we are a soul and have a body. I really like the focus that we don't have a soul, we are a soul, but I'm not convinced this is totally accurate. I think it's more that we are a soul and we are a body. We were created as a unit, the only ones created that way. God made spiritual beings (angels, etc.) and physical beings (animals, trees, etc.) but we're hybrids. We're the only ones with both. Yes, if you're not spiritually healthy than that affects your physical side but it's vice versa too! If you're doing drugs, being lazy, not eating right or any number of things that wear your body down, I think it affects you spiritually too. Like a two-way street. Keeping up physically will help you stay spiritually healthy and, again, vice versa. Kinda neat how unique he made us! Like a machine that needs maintenance on a lot of different levels to function efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment